Brandon C. Burnsed, M.D.
Neurosurgeon in Raleigh
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Brandon C. Burnsed is one of only a handful of neurosurgeons in the country who has unique training in both endovascular treatments in addition to open vascular treatments. He joined the Raleigh Neurosurgical Clinic in 2018 and is board certified in neurosurgery.
Originally from Savannah, Georgia, Dr. Burnsed attended Georgia Southern University on a baseball scholarship, then went on to earn his medical degree at Mercer University School of Medicine. He completed his neurosurgical training at the University of Mississippi, and then completed a two-year endovascular and cerebrovascular fellowship at Semmes-Murphey Clinic in Memphis. He has published multiple articles on neurosurgical topics.
In his spare time, Dr. Burnsed enjoys spending time with his family and being outdoors.
Make an Appointment
Education and Training
- Georgia Southern University; B.S.; 2004
- Mercer University School of Medicine; M.D.; 2010
- University of Mississippi Medical Center; Internship in Neurological Surgery; 2010-2011
- University of Mississippi Medical Center; Residency in Neurological Surgery; 2011-2016
- Semmes-Murphey Clinic; Cerebrovascular Fellowship; 2016-2018