Robert F. Dallapiazza, M.D., Ph.D.
Neurosurgeon in Raleigh
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Dallapiazza joined Raleigh Neurosurgical Clinic in 2022 to start up and lead the functional neurosurgery program at RNC and WakeMed. He focuses on stereotactic, functional, and general neurosurgery. He’s also trained in deep brain stimulation (DBS), a procedure that treats movement disorders through electrodes implanted in the brain.
Dr. Dallapiazza earned his medical degree and doctoral degree in pharmacology through the Medical Scientist Training Program at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. He followed that with a residency in neurosurgery at the University of Virginia School of Medicine, where he served as chief resident, and a fellowship in stereotactic and functional neurosurgery at Toronto Western Hospital in Toronto, Ontario.
He is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
Dr. Dallapiazza has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and contributed to several books, most recently Operative Techniques in Epilepsy Surgery. In 2021, he was named a Best Doctor by New Orleans Magazine.
Make an Appointment
Education and Training
- University of Wisconsin–Madison; B.S. in Biochemistry (with distinctions); 1998-2002
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine; M.D.; 2003-2010
- University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine; Ph.D. in Pharmacology; 2009
- University of Virginia School of Medicine; Neurosurgery Residency; 2010-2015
- Auckland City Hospital, Department of Neurosurgery, Auckland District Health Board, Auckland, New Zealand; Senior Registrar/Fellow; 2015-2016
- Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario; Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery Fellowship; 2017-2018
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- International Society for Therapeutic Ultrasound
- American Association of Functional and Stereotactic Surgery
- European Association of Functional and Stereotactic Surgery