Timothy B. Garner, M.D.
Neurosurgeon in Raleigh
Meet the Doctor
Born in Raleigh, Dr. Garner joined Raleigh Neurosurgical Clinic in 2013. He focuses on general neurosurgery, including sports-related injuries and spine disorders.
“Practicing as a neurosurgeon is a great honor,” he says. “It’s a real privilege to have a patient trust you. With that honor comes a great responsibility. The patient is always at the center of our care.”
Dr. Garner earned his medical degree at the Bowman Gray School of Medicine at Wake Forest University. He then completed both his internship in general surgery and his residency in neurosurgery at North Carolina Baptist Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident.
He is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery.
Active in the community, Dr. Garner provides service to the North Carolina State University Department of Athletics, the North Carolina State Highway Patrol Basic School, the 200 Club of Wake County, the Raleigh Police Department, and the Emergency Medical Services Council of Wake County.
His personal interests include conservation and wildlife management, duck hunting, deer hunting, shrimping, and beekeeping.
Hear from Dr. Garner in His Own Words
Make an Appointment
Education and Training
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; A.B. in Chemistry/English; 1975-1979
- Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC; M.D.; 1979-1983
- North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Winston-Salem, NC; Intern in General Surgery; 1983-1984
- North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Winston-Salem, NC; Resident in Neurosurgery; 1984-1989
- North Carolina Baptist Hospital, Winston-Salem, NC; Chief Resident in Neurosurgery, 1988-1989
- General neurosurgery
- Spinal neurosurgery
- Cranial neurosurgery
- Sports-related injuries to the head and spine