Lars Gardner, D.O.
Neurosurgeon in Raleigh
Meet the Doctor
Dr. Lars B. Gardner, who goes by Dr. Lars, is a fellowship trained neurosurgeon specializing in complex spine deformities as well as general neurosurgery. He joined the Raleigh Neurosurgical Clinic in 2015 and is board certified in neurosurgery.
“Neurosurgery is not just one thing—we’re dealing with chronic pain patients, we’re dealing with patients who have brain tumors and spine tumors, we’re dealing with patients who are fatally ill, and we’re dealing with patients who have chronic issues,” he says.
“We have a chance to be there at the crux of life or death.”
After earning his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine at Midwestern University, he completed a residency in neurological surgery at Stroger Cook County Hospital, and then a fellowship in advanced degenerative spinal disorders at North Shore University.
He has presented his work at national conferences, as well as published neurosurgical articles and an e-book.
Dr. Gardner’s personal interests include spending time with his wife and two precious daughters, being outdoors, golf, skiing, cooking BBQ and being around family and friends.
Hear from Dr. Gardner in His Own Words
Make an Appointment
Education and Training
- Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, CA; B.A. in Chemistry (Honors); 2005
- Midwestern University, Chicago, IL; Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine; 2009
- Stroger Cook County Hospital, Chicago, IL; Residency in Neurological Surgery; 2009-2015
- North Shore University, Evanston, IL; Fellowship in Advanced Degenerative Spinal Disorders; 2012-2015
- Complex Spine Deformities
- General Neurosurgery
- Neurosurgical Trauma
- Convexity Meningiomas and Glioblastomas