Laith Khoury, M.D.
Neurosurgeon in Raleigh
Meet the Doctor
“I think of patients as family members—they’re someone’s brother, mother, sister. I want to be able to provide the same care for them as I would my family members,” he says.
After earning his medical degree at Jordan University, he completed a neurosurgery sub-internship at Brown University School of Medicine. He followed that with a surgical internship at Jordan Hospital Medical Center, and a neurosurgical residency at the University of Kentucky Medical Center where he served as Chief Resident. He performed a fellowship in neurosurgical oncology at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr. Khoury has also completed additional specialty training courses in skull base surgery including endoscopic techniques.
Proficient in Arabic, Dr. Khoury’s hobbies include playing guitar and drums; composing music; playing soccer, basketball, and squash; traveling; and enjoying friends and good company.
Hear from Dr. Khoury in His Own Words
Make an Appointment
Education and Training
- Jordan University, School of Medicine; M.D.; 2009
- Brown University, School of Medicine; Neurosurgery sub-internship; 2008
- Jordan Hospital and Medical Center; Medical/Surgical internship; 2009-2010
- University of Kentucky Medical Center; General Surgery intern; 2010-2011
- University of Kentucky Medical Center; Neurosurgery resident; 2011-2016
- Neurosurgical oncology
- Spine surgery
- General neurosurgery
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Minimally invasive and robotic spine surgery
- Epilepsy surgery
- Trigeminal neuralgia and hemifacial spasm
- Brain tumors including low & high grade Gliomas, meningiomas & intraventricular tumors
- Pituitary tumors and skull base surgery
- Neurotrauma and critical care
- Peripheral nerve surgery
Congress of Neurological Surgeons Tumor Section
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Southern Neurosurgical Society
Kentucky Medical Association
Lexington Medical Association