Robert Lee Allen, M.D.
Neurosurgeon in Raleigh
Meet the Doctor
A Raleigh native, Dr. Robert Lee Allen joined the Raleigh Neurosurgical Clinic–which his father founded—in 1985. He specializes in general neurosurgery, spinal surgery, brain tumors, and trauma.
“First, we give guidance about what’s wrong,” he says. “Frequently, there may be non-surgical ways to calm down the problem.”
“If the method doesn’t respond, we have a surgical treatment that will fix it.”
After earning his medical degree at Bowman Gray School of Medicine, he completed an internship and residency in neurological surgery at Medical University of South Carolina, where he was Chief Resident and Teaching Fellow.
His personal interests include spending time with his family and four precious granddaughters, golf, and North Carolina beaches.
Hear from Dr. Allen in His Own Words
Make an Appointment
Education and Training
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC; B.A. in Biology (Magna Cum Laude); 1975
- Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC; M.D.; 1979
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC; Intern in Surgery; 1979-1980
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC; Resident in Neurological Surgery; 1980-1985
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC; Chief Resident and Teaching Fellow in Neurological Surgery; 1983-1985
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Southern Neurosurgical Society
Joint Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves
North Carolina Medical Society
North Carolina Neurosurgical Society